[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

5 posters

James "Lightstep" Cohen

James-Cohen

James "Lightstep" Cohen Empty James "Lightstep" Cohen

Post by James-Cohen Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:32

Name: James Cohen
    Code name: Lightstep

Clearance Level: 3

Occupation: Bio-Medical and Religious Research for Mobile Task Force Chi-3

Job Description: Currently stationed at Site ████████ Dealing in Research related to Event ████

Years of Service: 9

Physical characteristics
    Date of Birth: ████████
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'9''
    Body Build: Medium, used to be a runner in High school
    Eyes: Wears Blue Contacts for sentimental reasons
    Hair: Black, approaching a buzz cut

Bio: James Cohen, born ███████████████████████ on 4/23/19██ to Jonathan and Liliana ███████.  He was quiet in his youth, never suffering from a rebellious stage; instead, he found himself immersed in a world of discipline from the age of 7 years old.

Much of his school record is exemplary, with an exception for any western based language courses.  Psych reports from this time mark him as an intelligent, charming boy that needed to be coaxed into being more sociable.

For more info on James' educational records see Forms 3894-12 from the public records of ███████ in ████████████.

James passed relatively under the radar until his Junior year at █████ College.  A Professor Kyle Shaw was his instructor in Biomechanics that year. After the first Exam, where James performed to near perfection, Shaw took him on as a Protege and lab assistant. within a year, James was offered a full time job as a part of Shaws research group G████████████.

By the time of the events of 11/15/20██ James was a mid level researcher at G████████████, with his main focus being the mystery of biological immortality in some species. On 11/15/20██ James was exposed to SCP-████, an event which left the rest of G████████████ decimated, it is hereafter designated Chi-42z. When confronted by the members of Mobile Task Force Chi-3, and asked why he was still alive, he responded with a resigned silence. His seemingly unflappable nature in the face of such a bizarre situation led to his induction into the ranks of the SCP Foundation.

In a Later interview, James went into detail for why he appeared unaffected by these events:

Interview 00-1:
    ██████████: Can you state your name for the record?
    James: James M. Cohen.
    ██████████: Could you confirm the date of this Interview?
    James: 3/7/20██
    ██████████:And how long have you been working for the Foundation?
    James: I've been in training for the last 8 weeks.
    ██████████: Do you recall the events of 11/15/20██?
    James: It would be hard to forget, When you see something like this... what did you call it?
    ██████████: SCP-████ one of many, James, One of many. That was one of the questions the higher-ups had, actually
    James: What specifically?
    ██████████: You're reaction after the event, you seemed unruffled, considering that bloodbath, why was that?
    James: Oh,that was a trick taught to me by my mother. She always said that it's better to let your emotions out after you have an idea of what is actually happening; I've been trained for years to ignore events until I understand fully.
    ██████████: Have you gotten to that point with this event?
    James: Yes, mostly.
    ██████████: And what is your opinion?
    James: That I wish I was just having a psychotic break, the truth is far less comforting.
    [End Tape]

Because of the nature of Chi-42z, Cohen was tapped immediately for Mobile Task Force Chi-3, the so called "Exorcists". He began mainly as a tracker and analyst, digging into the murky world of cultist and religious SCP. After a dozen successful ops, he encountered his first on duty combat. During a minor skirmish in the mountains of █████ Cohen showed a high proficiency for tactical combat, with his actions helping to salvage the operation.
    He explained that he had gone through years of weapon and martial arts training under his father- a Jonathan ████████. He was then requested for Chi-3 team 4 by Commander Blanche. He was brought on to help in the training of a relatively new member of the task force, one H███ M███████.
    His career on the front lines was very successful, and he served in nearly 3 dozen more missions before requesting a move to R&D at Site ████████. The information regarding this transfer can be found in Case log 1542-XYP, code-named "Black Death".

Case Log 1542-XYP:
    James Cohen- sub leader of Chi-3 team 4- reported in after a week missing in █████████. He was heavily injured, and proved unresponsive to questions regarding the rest of his team: (Agents H███, D████████, and Commander Blanche). After several weeks of treatment, Cohen was brought in for a formal interview.

Interview 00-2
    ██████████: Hello again James, You know the Drill.
    James: [Light Growl] I am James Cohen, It is currently 9/4/20██, I have been employed by the Foundation for 4 years 5 months and 27 days, give or take.
    ██████████: [Chuckles] Sorry, but it's protocol. Now to the meat of the issue. Can you tell me what happened in █████████? Where is Commander Blanch?
    James: He was compromised, the whole op was.
    █████████: Compromised how?
    James: [Rhythmic foot tapping] We didn't know what we were getting into. SCP-████ is Keter class, that I can guarantee to you. It rolled over us like we owed money.
    █████████: And the entire rest of the team?
    James: Scattered to the four winds, only had enough of D████████ and Blanche to bury. I just burned what was left of H███, She always wanted to be scattered on the Sea of Japan... [Incoherent Mumbling]
    █████████: Can you run that by me again James?
    James: I said, "That's why I was a so late, needed to give them all a proper send off." I owed them that much.
    █████████: So what now?
    James: Now, I think I'm going to request a research position. I've got that shiny degree, might as well use it for good, no?
    █████████: Hopefully so, I think that about covers it though, I think you need a drink.
    [End Tape]

Addendum I: James Cohen must report for psychiatric evaluation at least once bi-monthly.

Last edited by learnyoursin on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 18:30; edited 4 times in total
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

James "Lightstep" Cohen Empty Re: James "Lightstep" Cohen

Post by Mozy Thu 20 Mar 2014, 06:54

Would you care to explain what he did before the incident. Why was he so unflappable, I would like a further timeline as to when he was recruited( X years ago). Also what got him into R&D with no training and a proficiency for combat the request would need something that would make it better for him to be moved to desk duty.
    James-Cohen

Post by James-Cohen Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:59

I actually have a lot more info that I wrote up, should I include all of it? I wasn't sure if their would be a point that would be overdoing it.
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Sat 22 Mar 2014, 19:55

Over do it
    Doctor LOC
    Doctor LOC

Post by Doctor LOC Mon 24 Mar 2014, 17:27

Also can you raise your age to thirty or up?
    James-Cohen

Post by James-Cohen Mon 24 Mar 2014, 18:01

Ok, I've edited as requested, and added some more of the relevant info. Is their anything else needed?
    Zorua
    Zorua

Post by Zorua Fri 25 Apr 2014, 23:43

I'm going to approve you but you're going to be on probation; we will be watching you
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Sat 26 Apr 2014, 22:24

Probation works.
    James-Cohen

Post by James-Cohen Sun 27 Apr 2014, 12:21

why probation? is there something else I ought to change up? I don't mean to be a bother, but that just worries me a little.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Apr 2014, 13:39

We have a few R&D characters and they are still a little nervous about new people, don't worry about it. Just let us get to know you man :3
    James-Cohen

Post by James-Cohen Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:19

oh ok, I will try to be a competent and helpful member of the R&D team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 05:37