[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

3 posters

Dr. "Nightingale" (Version 2.0)

Dr.
    Dr. "Nightingale"

Dr. "Nightingale" (Version 2.0) Empty Dr. "Nightingale" (Version 2.0)

Post by Dr. "Nightingale" Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:14

Name: Dr. John "Nightingale" ████████
    Clearance Level: 3
    Job Description: Studies various S.C.P.'s throughout the Foundation, along with working on the technology and electrical systems at the Sites he is stationed at.
    Physical Characteristics:
    Sex: Male.
    Height: 6 ft. 6 inches.
    Body Build: Thin.
    Eyes: Light blue.
    Hair: Short, brown. Brushed and combed to the right.
    Distinguishing features: Wears a pair of dark brown, half-rim glasses. His right hand is robotic from the wrist up. Constantly wears his favorite white lab coat, and is rarely seen without it.
    Known Family: Mr. John ████████ (Deceased.), Mrs. Margaret ████████ (Alive.), Ms. Julia ████████ (Alive.).
    Personality: Extremely intelligent, rivaling that of the Foundation's greatest. Dr. Nightingale's records state that he was reading on a fifth grade level by the time he was in Kindergarten, and a college-level by the time he was in middle school. Due to this the doctor has skipped a couple of grades (Sixth and seventh.). Is know to sometimes be arrogant, thinking he is superior to everyone, although he respects everyone else, despite what he thinks. Has an uncanny ability to understand all forms of technology, and is very adept with a computer. Has a calm demeanor but is very fidgety with lots of nervous energy. Very paranoid and talks to himself constantly, and prefers to be by himself. Can be very demented/sadistic at times, but is civil with others. Despite this, Dr. Nightingale will talk to people, albeit briefly, due to his social awkwardness. Mainly, however, the doctor will hold conversations with S.C.P.'s, and has been observed conversing with S.C.P.'s 079, 049, and even 131. Due to this, the doctor's mental state has been called into question and he has taken several psyche tests.
    Preferred armament: Carries a snub-nose .357 revolver on him at all times since incident with S.C.P. 106.
    Bio: Dr. John "Nightingale" ████████ came to the attention of the Foundation in mid-20██ when Site 11 staff began to notice that someone was trying to continually look up █████ ██████, the deceased creator of S.C.P. 079. Staff were told to monitor the situation to see if it changed. 3-5 weeks later, Site 11 Command was alerted to the fact that the user had purchased an old Exidy Sorcerer microcomputer off of the online auction site "████". The IP address was traced back to █████████, ████████, on the East Coast of the United States. Members of MTF Gamma-5 (A.K.A. "They're on our side, sir!") stationed in that area of the country were ordered to investigate and take the necessary actions for what they found. Dr. Nightingale was discovered to have been attempting to make a recreation of S.C.P. 079 using the microcomputer he had purchased off the internet. A small notebook found next to the computer contained instructions on how to code an AI into the computer. These notes were later confirmed to be a copy of the original notes written by █████ ██████. When interrogated on how he came into possession of the notes, Dr. Nightingale explained. The following is an excerpt from the interrogation.

Agent █████: "So, how did you gain possession of these notes?"
    Dr. Nightingale: "Um, yeah...right...um...My...my dad had this...roommate...when he was in college... He uh-."
    Agent █████: (Interrupting.) "Is your father still alive?"
    Dr. Nightingale: "... Ah, no. No. He-he died from a heart attack a couple of years ago."
    Agent █████: "I'm sorry to hear that. Please continue."
    Dr. Nightingale: "Right...Uhm...My dad, he said that his roommate was a pretty smart guy. That he always worked on these little projects of his. One project, however, really stuck with my dad, was what he said. It was this computer that his roommate was trying to encode with an AI that would evolve and fix itself as time went by. Sounds really science-fiction, doesn't it? But my dad told me that this was one hundred percent real. And to prove it, he showed me this little notebook filled with pages of information. He told me that his roommate had one day asked him if he could do him a favor. My dad naturally said 'yes' and his friend told him that he needed my dad to copy down all these notes, as a sort of 'backup file', you know? In case he lost the original notes. So my dad did that, but his roommate never needed them and told him he could keep the notebook. My dad told me that way back when I was still in high school. My dad...he, uhm... he passed away about a year after I graduated from college. Heh. God rest his soul. So anyway, I was digging through some of his old stuff a couple of months back, an I found that old, dusty notebook he showed me so long ago. I looked through it and thought 'Hey, I could make this!', and set about working on it. I looked up my dad's old roommate, to see if I meet him, or talk to him and get some advice. But, it turned out the poor guy was dead. I think it might have been a car accident, but I can't be sure. I couldn't really find much information. So I bought that computer off the web, and was just about to get the whole thing working when you guys barged in. Speaking of which, who are you guys? F.B.I.? C.I.A.?"
    Agent █████: "You could say that. Thank you for your time, Mr. ████████. If you would just wait here while I speak with my superiors..."
    Dr. Nightingale: "I don't really have much of a choice, do I?"

After much debate, Dr. "Nightingale" was recruited for the Foundation due to his understanding of S.C.P. 079. He quickly "rose through the ranks" so to speak, earning the respect and trust of almost everyone he met. Nightingale is probably most well known for his research and experience with technological S.C.P.'s, such as 079, 914, 217, etc. Nightingale is also widely respected for not being afraid of any S.C.P., except for one. Dr. Nightingale is absolutely terrified of S.C.P. 106 (A.K.A. "The Old Man."), mainly because the previously mentioned S.C.P.'s corrosion effect resulted in the loss of his right hand (See Incident Report #106-██/██/201█.). The doctor now has a robotic prosthetic for his right hand from the wrist up. Unfortunately, this experience has left Nightingale very paranoid, glancing around constantly and talking to himself. Dr. Nightingale has no permanent station, instead moving between Sites on a regular basis.

Notes: Seems to share some form of a "Friendly" relationship with S.C.P. 079, with 079 remembering him during every encounter they have. Dr. Nightingale is to be kept under close observation whenever he is around S.C.P. 079.
    To date, Dr. Nightingale has worked with approximately ███ S.C.P. objects. Some S.C.P.'s the doctor has worked with include: 079, 914, 127, 217, 131, 096, 049, 229, 053, 239, as well as others (Notice: Dr. Nightingale has outright refused to work with the S.C.P. 106 Project after Incident #106-██/██/201█.).
    Dr. Nightingale suffers from a severe case of Arachnophobia, and will have massive anxiety/panic attacks if any kind of spider gets near him (If anyone is seen intentionally trying to scare/prank Dr. Nightingale with a spider, they will be severely reprimanded.) (It was funny once, and only once. Afterwards it was just plain mean.).

Last edited by Dr. "Nightingale" on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:57; edited 2 times in total
    Dr.
    Dr. "Nightingale"

Dr. "Nightingale" (Version 2.0) Empty Re: Dr. "Nightingale" (Version 2.0)

Post by Dr. "Nightingale" Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:18

(Fixed up my character to fit the new template. Hope it's good, I put a lot of work into this. Smile)
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:22

Can you cut working with 682 and 173 off the list?
    Dr.
    Dr. "Nightingale"

Post by Dr. "Nightingale" Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:24

Sure. Anything else or is that it?
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:28

I would say make him 28 then green lit.
    Dr.
    Dr. "Nightingale"

Post by Dr. "Nightingale" Thu 29 Aug 2013, 18:56

Sure, I don't think one year' going to make that big of a difference.
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:24

green lit
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Thu 29 Aug 2013, 21:41

Dr. "Nightingale" (Version 2.0) Eng

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 08:21