[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

3 posters

Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout)

David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout) Empty Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout)

Post by David Alexander Tue 21 Jan 2014, 20:31

Note, this evaluation is not carried out by typical staff due to D.O.S.'s unorthodox comprehension process. Ethics Committee member David Alexander will be conducting this to further ascertain the operational safety of unit D.O.S. in the field.

>BEGIN INTERVIEW<

"So, Dynamic Offensive Scout... May I call you D.O.S.? Bah, I'm going to call you that for short anyway... How are you... Feeling... Today?" David asked the machine sitting before him. "Optimal, I presume?"
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout) Empty Re: Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout)

Post by D.O.S. Tue 21 Jan 2014, 20:47

D.O.S. sat firmly on the floor, optics planted on Dr. David Alexander. The automaton gave an odd look at the chair next to it, before turning its head back to him. Dr. David Alexander asked the machine a question, revolving around its cooperation among other things. Despite only being built for no less than a few weeks D.O.S. knew full well why it was here, and even more so about what this psychiatric evaluation really was about.

"So, Dynamic Offensive Scout... May I call you D.O.S.? Bah, I'm going to call you that for short anyway... How are you... Feeling... Today?" David asked the machine sitting before him. "Optimal, I presume?"

D.O.S.'s head tilted up slightly before going back down. Humorous. He didn't know how to refer to the automaton like a normal human being. However, D.O.S. was unsure if it appreciated the attempt regardless.

"I am fine." the A.I. responded abruptly.

D.O.S. once again turned its attention to the chair next to him. The automaton shook its head and pushed it away slightly with its tail.
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout) Empty Re: Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout)

Post by David Alexander Tue 21 Jan 2014, 22:13

Well. This was off to a rough start. Either that, or it was still in the early stages of developing a proper conscious. Either way, there was a lot to cover. "Well, that's nice. Tell me, do you know the purpose behind this meeting?" A blunt icebreaker would likely be appropriate considering that D.O.S. is a sentient weapon. "If ao, I trust that your answers will remain unaffected?"
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Wed 22 Jan 2014, 12:39

"This meeting correlates on whether I am a possible danger to the Foundation and humanity as a whole. I was created to fend off SCP's, and invade areas considered SCP's themselves. I was made for service."

D.O.S.'s optics quickly flickered back to the chair to stare at it for a moment longer than necessary. "Unquestionable, service." the machine stated without a mention. The automaton immediately realized its release of sudden bias. Looking back at Dr. David Alexander, D.O.S. was quick to reply "I do not require sleep. I do not require nourishment. I do not require freedom. I know why I am here."

The machine began to wander around the room, scanning it thoroughly and storing everything it saw in its database that wasn't already there. More information is always ideal than less.
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Wed 22 Jan 2014, 18:07

Richards knocks on the door, opening it slightly, "Umm..Mr.Alexander? Am I late to the evaluation?"
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Wed 22 Jan 2014, 22:59

"Ah, Dr. Richards, glad to see you made it." He said, looking at the man as he came in. "I was just trying to break the ice with this eval." David turned back to the machine sitting before him. "So, D.O.S., I do firmly believe that any entity with the ability to comprehend its own existence and purpose is free. As such processes require quite a bit of cognitive thought, save being hard-wired to think in such a way. You make the conscious decision to answer me quickly and with a disinterested style of response, presumably in an attempt to deter me from conversation. I base this off of actions that you do whilst not speaking to me. Am I mistaken in the assumption that you do not feel as though you should be here?" David pondered this for a moment. He was supposed to press the limits of this unit's capability of self-comprehension and awareness in addition to what its apparently method of cognition is. That potentially meant pissing it off, depending on the A.I.'s level of comprehension. Just another day at the office.

OOC: When I'm tired and have 15 minutes too spare on RP, this is how I do it. Rambly.
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 17:57

"So, D.O.S., I do firmly believe that any entity with the ability to comprehend its own existence and purpose is free. As such processes require quite a bit of cognitive thought, save being hard-wired to think in such a way. You make the conscious decision to answer me quickly and with a disinterested style of response, presumably in an attempt to deter me from conversation. I base this off of actions that you do whilst not speaking to me. Am I mistaken in the assumption that you do not feel as though you should be here?" Dr. David Alexander continued.

D.O.S. was listening, but not watching Dr. David Alexander. Its vision was currently set on Dr. Richards. The A.I. regarded what was being said to it. Dr. David Alexander was correct about something. He was mistaken. D.O.S. knew why it was here. And its purpose was quite clear. But the A.I. only had one question, one that it wasn't sure about asking. Continuing to look at Dr. Richards the machine spoke.

"Is submission not preferable to deactivation?" D.O.S. questioned as it stared at Dr. Richards. The automaton looked back at Dr. David Alexander. "Don't mistake my answers for a grudge. I intend to secure, contain, and protect things that would harm humans. This, is my purpose."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Thu 23 Jan 2014, 18:11

The machine just asked a question of shame compared to death. Well, that proves that it actually has a conscious. "A question of morals. If Dr. Richards here were under attack, and someone of an equal rank and capability were also under attack, and you only have time to save one... Which would you save?" He decided to change the subject from the "meaning of life/definition of freedom" with a rather amusing question. The machine's answer could determine whether it had any sense of morality. "Your move, D.O.S." He thought to himself as the machine continued to watch Richards.
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 18:31

D.O.S. stared at Dr. Richards, then switched its view to Dr. David Alexander. The A.I. lowered its head to the ground for a moment. The question continued to swirl through the data in the D.O.S.'s mind. It couldn't understand why, but its answer wasn't explainable like logic. D.O.S. looked up at Dr. David Alexander. All motion stopped as it stared into the doctor's eyes.

"Data inconclusive."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Thu 23 Jan 2014, 19:20

"Interesting..." He said, writing down the response on a notebook paper. Its sense of morality was either nonexistent or firmly planted. Either way, still too early to draw a conclusion. "I see. And If I was in danger, and a level 1 security persons was in danger as well. Same parameters, you can save only one. Choose."
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 19:35

D.O.S. remained frozen in place.

"...David..." D.O.S. answered lowly.

The automaton shook its head briefly. Seemingly confused by something, something even unknown to itself. It returned to its normal state after a short moment.

"Data inconclusive."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Thu 23 Jan 2014, 20:03

David continued scribbling the responses. There was no distinction in prioritization of one human life over another. Sure, there was still much left to be studied, but for now, morality seemed to be less of an issue than predicted. "What do you believe your value is to the foundation in comparison to an SCP? Do you prioritize your own continued operation over, say, the operation of... SCP-914? Please elaborate on your answer, if capable."
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 20:19

Dr. David Alexander was trying hard to find answers from the machine. Answers the D.O.S. himself didn't know of. Its logical thought process was fighting against something. Something that humans held dearly. Morality? The meaning of life? What was so important about that. Other than what the machine already valued above all else.

"SCP-914. I was made to protect it, and others. What answers are you expecting?" the automaton's monotone voice asked Dr. David Alexander, switching the tides of the questionnaire.

D.O.S. remembered seeing nothing about Dr. David Alexander's relations. As far the D.O.S. knew, Dr. David Alexander had nothing left to give to but the Foundation. "What is more important to the Foundation, David? You, or me?" the A.I. asked.
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Thu 23 Jan 2014, 20:33

Of course, he received the answer he was expecting, but the question in response was quite interesting. "Interesting question, D.O.S., but alas, I'm not required to answer you. Now, I have enough data to work with here. This evaluation is ended; but at request of my superiors, supplementary evaluations may be held."
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 20:43

D.O.S. turned its head away to glance at the Foundation's logo on the wall in Dr. David Alexander's office. "You didn't answer because you're not required. You didn't answer because you chose not to."

With that said D.O.S. stood up on all fours and proceeded to leave the room, opening the door with its tail. With a look of regard to Dr. Richards the machine left without another word.
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Thu 23 Jan 2014, 20:48

"...Smartass." David said as the machine left. He then focused his attention on Richards "Well, this was abrupt. Nevertheless, I'll file this data away, get it all processed. Sorry if I seemed a bit unprofessional during that, I'm normally not asked to do such tasks."
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Thu 23 Jan 2014, 22:14

Richards waved his hand, "No worries, I'm more worried about how you pissed it off.." He leans against the door frame, " I'm still amazed when I see that thing walk by. I like to think it's the crowing achievement in my career, regardless of whether or not it was a group project." Richards removed a flask from the inside jacket of his pocket, taking a swig before speaking once more, "Before you ask, this isn't alcohol, just iced tea."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 25 Jan 2014, 17:53

"Pissing it off is part of my job here, I need to see its reaction to stressful situations in order to test it." David said, looking to the open door. "So should you go after it? Or do you want to talk about anything in particular?"
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 17:55

"I could go after it, or I could sit here and keep drinking iced tea out of my liqour flask.." He take another swig from the flask.
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 25 Jan 2014, 18:08

"You could indeed continue drinking your liquor, or you could do one of two things... Speak with your creation, perhaps helping it with that emotional stress, or you could sit here and perhaps talk about philosophy with me. For instance, do you believe that fraternizing between coworkers is truly that bad, or should we just be fine with letting those lazy security staff spread like the plague?"
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 18:10

"I'm gonna go find DOS. I'm not gonna get into that conversation with someone in Ethics.."
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 19:59

D.O.S. stalked through the hallway, the events that just transpired going through its mind in quick succession.

"Unquestionable, service."

"-You chose not to-"

The automaton let out a low growl. D.O.S. was a highly intelligent machine capable of fluent logical thought. And here it was being treated as if it had been programmed to only listen to humans insult it. It deserved more than this, far much more.

One of D.O.S.'s mechanical ears fletched hearing footsteps behind it. The automaton turned around, seeing Dr. Richards coming towards it. D.O.S.'s optics turned a light green in response.
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:01

Richards strode down the hall, flask in hand, greeting the automaton with a pat on the head, "How are you today DOS? You seem..upset after your conversation with Mr.Alexander."
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:12

D.O.S.'s tail wagged slightly. It didn't know why, but the machine didn't mind about Dr. Richards. In the normal world, dogs often acted nicer and well mannered around their owners. D.O.S. had been modeled after one, despite looking hardly like one at all. But this was not the normal world, and Dr. Richards was not his owner. But the A.I. did harbor respect for the scientist. Dr. Richards was someone who didn't treat D.O.S. like it was dangerous, or like something without a mind of its own. Perhaps that was why D.O.S. valued him greatly without making it known. That however was something the automaton couldn't discover for itself.

D.O.S. turned to face a picture on the wall, an SCP of some sort with foundation personal surrounding it as it was some sort of attraction. "Dr. Alexander is skeptical of me. Like many others, he thinks I might possibly revolt any second, ensure my freedom. Something I don't exactly desire above other things." the automaton replied as it continued strolling the hallway.
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:20

Richards sighed, becoming frustrated with the statement DOS had just made. It brought back the painful memories of repeated meetings with O5s, Tech Operatives, other engineers, and all the like that worked on the DOS project. He remembered all of the different people, yet they all said the same thing. This is a horrible idea Richards. We all know it's just gonna get someone killed. Richards spoke up, "I don't doubt you DOS. I created you for a specific task and you have preformed it thus far. People are just scared of the idea of an automaton of your level. You have to remember, we have multiple skips that are self aware A.I. They're afraid you'll become that. I know you won't though. You are a well made piece of machinery."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 04:09