[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

3 posters

Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout)

D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout) - Page 2 Empty Re: Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout)

Post by D.O.S. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:35

D.O.S. continued walking, not looking in any other direction but ahead. "The places I will be going. The SCP's I will be entering. If I become lost like so many others, then they will see you as a waste of time Dr. Richards. They will never listen to you, leave all respect they have for you. If the SCP's I venture into become too much, they'll call you useless. They'll call me a failure."

The A.I. took a sharp turn around the corner into another hallway, heading to the nearest cafeteria. D.O.S. enjoyed that particular room. In there no one paid attention to it, they were all busy with their own lives, their own problems. D.O.S. was invisible, and it liked that.

"Dr. Richards. Is it smart idea to send something as expensive as me into SCP's that I could become trapped in forever?" the machine asked.
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout) - Page 2 Empty Re: Psychiatric evaluation of unit: D.O.S. (Dynamic Offensive Scout)

Post by O.W. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:40

Richards followed the Automaton, taking note of the room it decided to enter. He was forced to ponder the question the device had posed to him. He did not know entirely what he would do if DOS was lost to a skip. He finally decided upon an answer and spoke, "Your job is to help keep People alive. A part of that is risking your own life..or existence in your case on the line. If you were to die saving a person, it was not a worthless death. Regardless of what others may say, I would not consider you a failed creation."
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 21:38

D.O.S. considered what Dr. Richards was saying. Exactly what would the machine be saving inside of an SCP? Would personel that have been lost in them still be alive to this day? Not likely. It wasn't completely sure what Dr. Richards was saying, but it understood the central idea.

"Thank you, but humans are different. So far, I am nothing more than a test. When the time comes to put weapons on me what am I supposed to fight? SCP? Humans? My purpose becomes less and less clear as time goes on, and I've only been constructed for three weeks."

But Dr. Richards had placed a thought in its mind. If the A.I. would cease function what would it do in its last moments of sentience?

"I am not alive, Dr. Richards. Whatever plane of existence waits for you after your death, I will not be there to greet you." with that said the automaton sat down and simply gazed around. It felt comfortable when no one was staring at it. Unlike when D.O.S. made its way through the hallways alone. But even it had to admit, it was not an everyday occurrence.
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 21:48

Richards thought for a moment before speaking, "You know DOS, I don't know why I have conversations with you sometimes. Being a machine, you can only think logically. Logic is a great thing, but it is also depressing. On the lines of another plane of existence to go to after we die, working here has taught us all one thing. There is no heaven or hell. All there is after death is nothingness. You go to sleep and never wake up." Richards takes another drink from his flask before sitting next to DOS. He smirks and nudges DOS, " Not sure if you heard me and Mr.Alexander talking earlier, but I actually do have some liqour mixed in with my tea here."
    D.O.S.
    D.O.S.

Post by D.O.S. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 22:04

D.O.S. let out a noise of amusement. "Logic only goes so far. SCP's aren't logical. Yet here they are, among us, captured and contained. SCP are dangerous, but they also lack a logical purpose. I was not programmed to see beyond logic, but I must be forced to when I encounter things that have no reason, have no exact existence. Some humans believe that if another realm awaits them then it gives them no reason to be good in the current one. The opposite applies to others. I however have no reason to exist after my time here. Eventually I will deactivate, never to operate again."

The automaton's head turned to Dr. Richards as the scientist sat down next to it. "Us being here, in this plane of existence right now, Dr. Richards, is illogical."

D.O.S. and Dr. Richards were quiet for a minute before the scientist nudged him. D.O.S. turned to him. "Not sure if you heard me and Mr. Alexander talking earlier, but I actually do have some liquor mixed in with my tea here."

D.O.S. turned back to look among the foundation personnel "I know. I detected you were lying." the machine said.

Another noise of amusement escaped the A.I.

Illogical.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 01:34